Rushing between classes and wanting to save time, I often go to the dining hall for meals, especially lunch and dinner. But being dependent almost solely on the dining hall for meals can become repetitive and boring.
Overall, I like the dining hall food, but sometimes you gotta mix it up. My friend and I love creating our own dining hall recipes. Using ingredients from the dining hall ONLY, check out our recipes for peanut butter tofu, creamcheese spinach bites and DIY butterbeer.
1. Peanut Butter Tofu
Prep Time: 4 min
Cook Time: 1 min
Total Time: 5 min
1. Make the sauce by mixing the peanut butter, RedHot sauce or Sriracha and soy sauce in a bowl.
2. Mix the sauce with the tofu and vegetables.
3. If you want to spice up the ingredients, add black pepper or red pepper flakes.
4. Once you are done mixing, microwave for 45 to 60 seconds.
2. Cheese Spinach Bites
Prep Time: 3 min
Cook Time: 0 min
Total Time: 3 min
1 English muffin
2 tablespoons cream cheese
A few spinach leaves (chopped up)
1. Mix cream cheese and spinach in a bowl.
2. Spread the cream cheese and spinach mixture onto one side of the English muffin, top with the other half.
3. Press it in a waffle maker and cut into bite-sized pieces.
3. DIY Butterbeer
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 2 minutes
½ cup ginger ale
¼ cup diet Coke
1 pump vanilla ice cream (from the soft serve machine, or just one scoop vanilla ice cream)
1 pump caramel sauce
1. Mix all the ingredients in a cup until combined.
2. Enjoy your drink!
For more dining hall hacks, check these out: