This is by far the best cookie recipe I have up my sleeve. The white chocolate creates a buttery and sweet flavor while the toasted coconut adds a crunchy, rich texture.

They’re so irresistible that it’s very difficult to have just one, and you’ll see that your roommates will be sneaking them right off the cookie rack, leaving you nothing to bring to the bake sale. Of course, the solution to this problem just is to bake some more.

cookie

Photo by Abigail Wang

Have fun baking and experiment by adding some spices or mix-ins that you think’ll work. I added a little bit of cinnamon to the toasted coconut to add more depth to the flavor and sometimes I’ll add a half cup of craisins for some tangy texture.

Easy

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes

Servings: 24 cookies

1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ cup granulated white sugar
½ cup packed light brown sugar
½  teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup white chocolate chips

Beforehand: Take the butter and egg out in advance in order to get them to room temperature. No time? Try these tricks to bring the ingredients to room temperature.

cookie

Photo by Abigail Wang

1. Preheat the oven (or toaster oven) to 350°F. Shake the cinnamon in with ¾ cup coconut flakes and place in a single layer on a tray. Bake for 7 minutes, watching carefully so that they don’t burn.

cookie

Photo by Abigail Wang

2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Use a sifter, fork or whisk to fluff up your flour mixture.

3. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter until smooth. Add the white sugar and brown sugar and beat until smooth.

cookie

Photo by Abigail Wang

4. Add the egg and vanilla and beat again. Slowly add the flour mixture a little at a time, mixing in between.

5. Using a spatula, gently fold in the toasted coconut, regular coconut and white chocolate.

cookie

Photo by Abigail Wang

If you have time: cover and place the batter in the fridge for an hour or two to firm up. A firmer batter allows the cookies to hold their fullness and will result in a chewier texture.

6. Place dough balls (about 2 tablespoons each) on a parchment lined tray, leaving room for them to spread a little. Bake for 12 minutes and let cool on the tray for about 10 minutes.

cookie

Photo by Abigail Wang

7. Pour a glass of cold milk, relax and enjoy a warm and chewy cookie.

cookie

Photo by Abigail Wang

This recipe was adapted from Baked by an Introvert.

Check out more mouthwatering cookie recipes: