Though they’re hard to find in America, Tiffin bars are a staple in cafes across Ireland. This easy, no-bake chocolate treat requires only a few ingredients and comes together in a matter of minutes. These bars make a great snack or dessert and always go great with a hot cuppa (Irish slang for ‘cup of tea’).
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Fridge Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: About 9 bars
1 1/4 sticks butter
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 tablespoon cocoa
12 ounces chocolate, half bittersweet, half semisweet
8 ounces tea biscuits (animal crackers work well too)
1. Chop the chocolate into large chunks.
2. Put butter, corn syrup, cocoa and chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until smooth.
3. Using a rolling pin, lightly crush the cookies or animal crackers into large chunks.
4. Pour chocolate mixture over crushed crackers, and mix until fully incorporated.
5. Pour chocolate and cracker mixture into a 9 x 9 inch or similarly sized pan or casserole dish and put in fridge until hard (at least 30 minutes). Cut into bars and enjoy!