If you didn’t already get the lowdown, eating raw cookie dough is a serious threat to your health right now.

Flour has been recalled due to recent E. coli outbreaks and that means that eating raw cookie dough is out of the picture.

On top of the E. coli cases, eating raw cookie dough puts you at risk for Salmonella.

With all the risks to your health that eating your cookies raw pose, some may wonder, how can I make eating the dough possible? Don’t worry, we got you.

With this recipe, you’ll be able to eat the dough raw, knowing your tummy will digest it just fine. And #bonus – there are no eggs, no butter, no dairy and no flour. Can we get a “what? what?”

I’ve made this recipe three or four times now and I absolutely love it. It’s perfect because:

1. You don’t have to bake it.

2. It literally takes 5 minutes.

3. You can eat it straight outta the bowl, by the spoonful or as a dip. #versatileaf

If you LOVE cookie dough, then definitely try this recipe out for yourself.

Something you should know before tackling this epic recipe is that even if you’re not a huge bean fan, you won’t be able to taste it that much because the sweetness of the maple syrup will cover it up just nicely.

5-Ingredient Vegan Cookie Dough

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:5 minutes

• 16 oz white or garbanzo beans
  • 1/2 cup creamy salted peanut Butter
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Photo by Megan Schellong

Assemble the maple syrup, peanut butter, beans, vanilla extract and chocolate chips.

#SpoonTip: If you use garbanzo beans instead of white/cannellini beans, the bean flavor will be a lil’ less strong. 

Photo by Megan Schellong

Rinse and strain the beans. Pat dry when done.

Photo by Megan Schellong

Pour beans into food processor.

Photo by Megan Schellong

Process beans until silky smooth.

Photo by Megan Schellong

Add 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup maple syrup and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the food processor.

Photo by Megan Schellong

Process the ingredients until silky smooth.

#Spoontip: If the dough is too thin for your liking, add more beans to thicken it. You’ll also get a thicker consistency using chickpeas instead of cannellini beans.

Photo by Megan Schellong

Scoop into a bowl and devour. Sprinkle chocolate chips or vegan topping of your choice on top. Enjoy!

#SpoonTip: If you have the patience, definitely refrigerate the dough for hour after making it. It will add more volume and further mask the bean flavor.

Photo by Megan Schellong