Due to the genius of the vegans, cheese can now be made out of cashews and chickpea water can now make merengue. Thankfully, another perk of the coup includes new vegan desserts, as well.

These creations include vegan cheesecakes, carrot cakes, and countless chocolate treats. Using cacao nibs and their countless antioxidants, this superfood can be transformed into an indulgent dessert. Avocados and coconut oil turn this tart into a rich and creamy delight.

This vegan chocolate tart will satisfy your sweet tooth, while providing nutrients that are essential to a well rounded diet.

Vegan Dark Chocolate Tart (Sugar-Free)

• Prep Time:3 hrs 45 mins
  • Total Time:4 hrs 1 min

• 1 cup cashews
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil for the crust plus extra for greasing tart tin
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil for the filling
  • 1 1/3 cups cacao nibs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 1 small avocado
crust, peanut, peanut butter, pie, tart, chocolate
Phillip Massey

Gather your many ingredients. So, you actually only need 1 avocado (The picture below shows two), and this recipe requires salt, as well. Alright, let's get crackin'.

tea, coffee
    Phillip Massey

Grease your tart tin with coconut oil, preheat your oven to 350°F, and get hype.

dairy product, coffee, tea
    Phillip Massey

Throw in the cashews, the 1 tbsp of coconut oil, and the 1/4 tbsp salt in the processor, and process that baby.

cappuccino, espresso, coffee
    Phillip Massey

Stop processing until the crust can stick to itself. Then, line the greased tart tin with your beautiful cashew crust.

peanut butter, hummus, chocolate
    Phillip Massey

When your done with that, place the crust in the freezer to set up and solidify. If you have plenty of time, then the fridge is fine too. While the crust is setting up, it's time to make the filling.

sweet, peanut butter, chocolate, coffee
    Phillip Massey

To make the filling, we must first roast our cacao nibs. Place the nibs in the 350°F oven on a baking sheet, and bake for about 16 minutes or until your house smells like brownies.

chocolate, beans, espresso, coffee
    Phillip Massey

While those are roasting, you should wash the food processor to ensure that none of the cashew crust gets into our creamy, chocolate filling.

cake, pie, pizza
    Phillip Massey

Once the nibs are roasted, we can throw 'em into the food processor, and then process until completely smooth.

cake, chocolate
    Phillip Massey

When the cacao mixture is smoother than nut butter, we can toss in the avocado, 1/2 tsp salt, and vanilla extract. Process thoroughly.

guacamole, avocado
    Phillip Massey

While that's blending, heat your 1 tbsp coconut oil only until melted. Then, pour that into the food processor while processing.

kettle, coffee
    Phillip Massey

Afterwards and only afterwards, add in the good stuff: the maple syrup. Add it in now and not before, or else the mixture will clump up.

alcohol, molasses, sweet, tea, chocolate, coffee, wine
    Phillip Massey

Once the mixture is completely homogenous, you can now place the filling into your prepared cashew crusts. Once this is done, you should make the top surface of the tart completely flat.

tart, chocolate
    Phillip Massey

Now, place the tart into the fridge to set up. You must endure this waiting for about 3 hours or overnight.

pecan, chocolate, crust, tart, pie
    Phillip Massey

It's ready now, so stop breathing so heavily. Cut into the tart with a warm knife and unlike me, try not to eat the entire thing. These babies are pretty filling, so go slow. And maybe top it off with some whipped coconut cream...

chocolate cake, cheesecake, cake, pie, chocolate
    Phillip Massey

Just in case you have leftover filling, don't be afraid to dig in! You'll thank me later. Vegans have changed the world of food forever. By creating new recipes that are healthy and appeal to their dietary needs, the vegan community has surely improved the recipes of everyday foods.

The "everyday" chocolate tart is now lost in the past, replaced by this cashew-crusted dessert. You'll come to realize that this vegan chocolate tart is far superior to its non-vegan counterpart.