As the temperature drops, so does our motivation to expend any extra energy on daily duties like laundry, doing the dishes and (especially) cooking. When it's snowing out and all you want to do is throw some soup in the microwave and curl up on the couch, here's a one-pan recipe that's sure to satisfy all your winter feels with barely any effort required for prep or clean-up.

Chicken and Roasted Winter Vegetables

• Total Time:1 hr

• 2 chicken quarters
  • 6 small yukon gold potatoes
  • 2 medium sweet potatoes
  • 2 shallots
  • 2 poblano peppers
  • 6-8 fresh figs
  • 1 sprinkle sage
  • Salt and pepper to taste
squash, chicken
Brooke Robinson

Pre-heat oven to 420°. De-stem and de-seed the poblanos. Cut the poblanos, potatoes and shallots into roughly 1-inch cubes.

vegetable
    Saoirse Hahn

Place sage leaves under the skin of the chicken quarters. Put all of the cut veggies and the whole figs onto the sheet pan, along with the chicken quarters. Toss veggies in olive oil. Salt and pepper everything to taste.

potato, turkey
    Brooke Robinson

Place pan in middle oven rack and roast for 45 minutes. Pull the pan out, plate everything up in whichever way you choose, and you're good to go.

vegetable, potato, sweet
    Brooke Robinson

To make clean-up even easier, line the sheet pan with aluminum foil so you can just pull that off and throw in the trash when you're finished. This recipe is everything you need when the wind is blistering, the air is cold, and mom isn't there to make you your favorite cozy dinner. Pair with good friends and snuggles for best results.