With St. Patty’s Day right around the corner, I’m sure you’ve made plans for the day with friends to celebrate in style. But I bet you haven’t figured out your post party snack. So get in the festive mood and impress your friends with this crowd pleasing traditional Irish Soda Bread.
Get in touch with your Irish heritage (or lack thereof) by getting your hands down and dirty with the recipe that has been passed down in my family for generations.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
4 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup buttermilk
1 stick of butter
2 cup raisins
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F
2. Grease the pan with butter or non-stick spray.
3. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
4. Add buttermilk, butter, and eggs to dry mixture.
5. Start kneading the mixture together with your hands until the mixture becomes one big loaf of dough.
6. Add the raisins and continue kneading the bread until they are spread throughout evenly.
7. Spread the loaf out into the greased pan.
6. Sprinkle sugar on top over the loaf evenly.
7. Put it in the oven and let it cook for about 50 minutes or until the golden brown.
8. Let the bread cool for about 20 minutes and enjoy.
You won’t find a better recipe than this, but check out these articles to increase your chance of getting lucky this St. Patty’s Day.