After a long semester of dinning hall food and late nights studying for finals, it's finally time to kick back and relax. Any true foodie knows that the best part of summer are BBQ's. What could be better than grilling burgers and making tasty drinks with friends? Having some bomb summer salads to accompany those burgers, of course!

Lost on what type of salad to make? Don't stress, I have the perfect recipe for you. Filled with fresh cantaloupe and tomatoes and topped with a sprinkling of tangy feta cheese, this summer salad is sure to make you the star of your summer BBQ. 

Cantaloupe and Goat Cheese Salad

• 4 big handfuls a lettuce your choice I recommend using a mix baby greens and arugula
  • 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
  • 1/4 cup baby tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup cantaloup
  • 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
  • Olive Oil
  • White Balsamic Vinegar
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
tomato, cheese, salad
Laura McMann

Gather all needed ingredients

pizza, beer
    Laura McMann

Cut up baby tomatoes and cantaloupe (I recommend buying the pre-cut of cantaloupe if you're making this in a rush!)

Laura McMann

In a small sauce pan toast the slivered almonds over medium heat with a little butter until golden brown. Keep an eye of these because they toast quickly and no one likes burned nuts!!

cake
    Laura McMann

In a large bowl place your lettuce, tomatoes, toasted almonds and cantaloupe.

tomato, chicken, pasta, salad
    Laura McMann

Next use your fingers to crumble the feta cheese across the top of your salad.

tomato, cheese, salad
    Laura McMann

Drizzle the olive oil and white balsamic vinegar over your salad to dress and top with salt and pepper.

tea, coffee, beer
    Laura McMann

Instagram that ish because you just created a delicious summer salad!!

tomato, cheese, salad
    Laura McMann