This recipe is made for lazy days turning frozen food into a freaking fabulous dish that looks like you’ve spent all day prepping. The tinfoil tent is key here to cooking properly and allowing the salmon to soak up all those incredible seasonings. It also makes for extremely easy cleanup. If you’ve done it right, the pan won’t even be dirty.

Can I get a boo-yah?

Simple Citrus Ginger Salmon Bake with Garlic Spinach

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:30-40 minutes
  • Total Time:35-45 minutes
  • Servings:2-4

• 1 large salmon fillet
  • 2 lemons
  • 1 package of frozen spinach
  • 4-6 heirloom tomatoes
  • 2 tablespoon garlic salt
  • 2 tablespoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 tablespoon ground ginger
  • 1 tablespoon parsley
  • 2 tablespoon olive oil
Photo by Shalayne Pulia

Heat oven to 350°F and line a 2-4 inch thick cake pan with enough tinfoil to wrap around for a foil tent.

Place frozen (or fresh) salmon in the center and coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.

Photo by Shalayne Pulia

Add juice of 1 lemon, lemon slices from half of a lemon, sliced tomatoes, ground ginger, 1 1/2 tablespoon of garlic salt, 1 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper, parsley, and paprika.

Fold excess edges of tinfoil and roll tightly at the top to create a tent, careful not to leave any holes for air to escape through.

Photo by Shalayne Pulia

Bake frozen salmon for 40 minutes (fresh for 30) or until salmon is flaky.

Cook down frozen spinach in a pot with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with juice from half of a lemon and 1/2 tablespoon of garlic salt and 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper.

Cook until wilted and defrosted and serve under salmon bake.

Photo by Shalayne Pulia