There is no such thing as too many ways to enjoy chocolate, so here is a no-bake dark chocolate salted caramel pie recipe. It is a chilled dessert, so it is perfect as a summer time treat. It is also a great recipe for parties and gatherings (or, you know, for yourself), since it only requires 5 ingredients and some chilling time in the freezer.

The creamy, sweet chocolate is enhanced by the thick caramel and crunchy salt. This dessert recipe is a must for any sweet tooth or chocolate fanatic.

Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Pie

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:1 hour 10 minutes
  • Total Time:1 hour 20 minutes

• 1 package (about 36) whole Oreos
  • 1 cup butter, divided
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
  • 12 oz dark chocolate chips
Photo by Hui Lin
Photo by Hui Lin

Step 1

Finely crush the Oreos with a food processor or blender. Stir crumbs together with 8 tablespoons melted butter until well combined.

GIF by Hui Lin
GIF by Hui Lin

Step 2

Press into the bottom and sides of a pie pan. Freeze crust for 10 minutes until set.

GIF by Hui Lin
GIF by Hui Lin

Step 3

Combine remaining 8 tablespoons butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture begins to bubble. Continue cooking, whisking constantly, for 1 minute.

GIF by Hui Lin
GIF by Hui Lin

Step 4

Remove from heat. Slowly which in 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream until smooth. Cool caramel about 15 minutes. Pour the caramel over the Oreo crust, then return to freezer for about 30-45 minutes until just chilled and set. (You don’t want the caramel to fully freeze.)

GIF by Hui Lin
GIF by Hui Lin

Step 5

Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl. In a saucepan, bring 1 cup heavy whipping cream to a simmer over medium-high heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk until completely smooth. Pour the chocolate over the caramel and freeze for a final 30 minutes, until just chilled and set. OR refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.

GIF by Hui Lin
GIF by Hui Lin