So, picture this, it's a Sunday morning and just the perfect day to sleep in. You're dieting but really craving banana pancakes for breakfast. How will you satisfy your cravings when it's the only thing on your mind? Well, now is the perfect time to try a healthier version of pancakes because you're using fruit, right?

I've been looking for alternative ways to still eat the foods that I love but stay fit at the same time. Ingredients like these are just the right amount of protein and energy I need to help me get through the day. So introducing my version of banana pancakes that will take no time at all into your busy morning. Guess what? I didn't add milk or flour, can you believe it? I'm still shocked too.

Banana Pancakes

• 1 Banana
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 Tsp Cinnamon
Gabriella Vukelic

Grab a bowl and peel the banana. Then, mash the banana in the bowl.

pasta, cereal, milk, rice
    Gabriella Vukelic

Add the 2 eggs, vanilla extract and cinnamon to the bowl and mix.

espresso, soup, cream, coffee
    Gabriella Vukelic

Grab a 1/2 measuring cup and scoop the mixture onto a buttered skillet.

chicken
    Gabriella Vukelic

Flip the pancake after a minute on each side.

biscuits, chicken
    Gabriella Vukelic

Add your choice of maple syrup or berries and enjoy!

Gabriella Vukelic

Well, folks, there you have it. I know my end result may not look too appetizing but believe me, they were delicious and for a busy student like myself, this was the perfect pre-class meal to start my day. For you beginners who want a taste of the healthy life, this meal goes great with some fresh fruit on the side and a nice cup of coffee or tea. In my opinion, it can't get any better than that. What's great is, this is not the only option you can try because there are plenty of other healthier substitutes for pancakes instead of adding flour, butter, and milk such as granola, greek yogurt, oats, blueberries, strawberries, peanut butter, almond butter, dark chocolate, and much more!