I’m from the South, so sweet tea is practically running through my veins. Another things about the South is that we love ourselves some Chick-Fil-A. Instead of paying $2 for a refreshing glass of sweet tea, I decided to find a copy cat recipe that costs next to nothing to make and tastes like the real thing.

I found the recipe on Sprinkle of Lovely and it actually does taste like Chick-Fil-A sweet tea.

• 2 Lipton Family Size Tea Bags

• 4 cups of hot, not boiling, water

• Simple syrup (3/4 cup of water + 3/4 cup of sugar)

Note: I found that this simple syrup recipe made the tea super sweet, so I added a little less sugar.  

Instructions

1. Put teabags in the bottom of a 2 quart pitcher and pour 4 cups of hot water over them.

2. Let the teabags steep for 15 minutes.

3. While tea is steeping, start making your simple syrup. Add 3/4 cups of water and 3/4 cups of sugar of sugar to small pot. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved.

4. After 15 minutes, remove your tea bags and add your simple syrup. Fill remainder of your pitcher with cold water.

Chill & enjoy!

Note: I didn't add cold water to my tea, and it still turned out tasting amazing.  I would try it without the water first, and then add more to taste. 

With this copy cat Chick-Fil-A sweet tea recipe that tastes like the real thing, you can enjoy the refreshing beverage, even on a Sunday.