You can usually sense that spring has come when the birds start to wake you up in the morning, the breeze gets a little warmer, and that walk to your 8 AM class becomes somewhat bearable. The transition into the spring season usually brings brighter and lighter flavors along with fresh fruits like strawberries and vegetables like asparagus.

What is a better way to celebrate the new season than by whipping up a light and airy dessert with some of spring’s seasonal ingredients? By starting with some pre-made dough, you can make these strawberry apricot tarts in no time so you can go enjoy the warmer weather.

Strawberry Apricot Tarts

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:15 minutes
  • Total Time:30 minutes

• 5 strawberries
  • 6 canned or fresh apricot halves
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 2 tablespoon strawberry jam
  • 2 tablespoon apricot preserve or jam
  • 1 sheet puff pastry
  • 6 tablespoon whipped cream (optional)
Photo by Stephanie Lee
Photo by Stephanie Lee

Step 1

Preheat the oven to 400°F and prepare a greased baking pan.

Photo by Stephanie Lee
Photo by Stephanie Lee

Step 2

Rinse the strawberries and canned apricots and dry them with a paper towel (you don’t want soggy tarts).

Photo by Stephanie Lee
Photo by Stephanie Lee

Step 3

Cut the apricot halves in half and strawberries into quarter slices and set aside.

Photo by Stephanie Lee
Photo by Stephanie Lee

Step 4

Roll out the thawed puff pastry on a floured surface and cut the pastry into 6 smaller rectangles.

Photo by Stephanie Lee
Photo by Stephanie Lee

Step 5

Mix the two jams together and spread about a teaspoon on each rectangle.

Photo by Stephanie Lee
Photo by Stephanie Lee

Step 6

Line the apricot and strawberry slices in alternating order along each rectangle.

#SpoonTip: Sprinkle a little almond flour or chopped nuts for a nutty taste or some sugar for a crystallized topping. 

Photo by Stephanie Lee
Photo by Stephanie Lee

Step 7

Place the tarts on the baking pan and bake for 15 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown. Once they’ve cooled, add a dollop of whipped cream to finish them off.

Photo by Stephanie Lee
Photo by Stephanie Lee