What you call the May long weekend likely depends on where in Canada you live.  You might call it "The Victoria Day Weekend" and require some treats to nibble on while watching the fireworks with the fam. You might call it "May 2/4" and need some additional booze to top off your growing mountain of booze that you plan to take with you on a camping trip somewhere.

In my case, my little brother will be attending his prom, so I will need some comfort food to indulge in at home when I realize how much time has passed since my prom and how old I'm getting. Regardless of where you are, the magical multi-celebration, multi-name May long weekend needs drinks and snacks. This Smirnoff popsicle recipe has got you covered for both.

#SpoonTip: Remember to take apart and wash your popsicle tray. Or, if you're really eager to start and still don't own popsicle molds, red solo cups work great too. 

Sour Cranberry Smirnoff Popsicles

• Cook Time:2 hrs
  • Total Time:2 hrs 5 mins

• 1/2 cup cranberry juice
  • 1/2 cup lime sparkling water
  • 1/2 cup Smirnoff Vodka
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1 bag sour watermelon candies
juice, ice, beer
Carleigh Reynolds

Mix cranberry juice, lime sparkling water, and Smirnoff Vodka in equal parts in a measuring cup. Adjust the measurements to meet the size and volume of your popsicle molds.

cocktail, vodka, ice, juice
    Carleigh Reynolds

Drop 2-3 sour watermelon candies into each popsicle mold.

cookie, chocolate, cake
    Carleigh Reynolds

Pour the vodka mixture into the molds.

tea
    Carleigh Reynolds

For some variation in colour and flavour, fill half a mold with the vodka mixture, and then fill the remainder of the mold with orange juice.

tea, beer, cake
    Carleigh Reynolds

Stick in your popsicle sticks. Put your popsicle tray in the freezer on a flat surface and freeze for two hours.

cake
    Carleigh Reynolds

Enjoy your frozen treats and snap some colourful food pics!

ice, strawberry, watermelon, sweet
    Carleigh Reynolds

Hopefully, this Smirnoff popsicle recipe will meet all of your boozy snack related needs and grant you some instagrammable pics. 

Consume responsibly my dudes.