Nutella; the original chocolate flavored hazelnut spread. If you’ve had it, then you already know the power that one spoonful holds. If you haven’t had it, I suggest you walk your ass to the nearest Qik-E-Mart, pick up a large tub, pop a squat on the couch, grab a spoon and snuggle up with your favorite episode of Friends (because who needs real friends when you have Nutella).
Some of us choose to put it on bread, some might even make a sandwich. But true believers will eat it with just a spoon. I put the gooey cocoa-laden goodness into the center of a muffin coated with a melted buttery cinnamon spread and called it a day. Yup, I did that.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup milk
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 teaspoons Nutella
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
¼ cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 tablespoons melted butter
1. Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt.
3. In a small bowl combine milk, vegetable oil, one egg and vanilla extract.
4. Mix ingredients of two bowls together and stir until smooth.
5. Put spoonful of batter in each spot in muffin tin.
6. Place dollop of nutella in each spot and cover with remaining batter.
7. Preheat oven to 400°F.
8. Bake muffins for 15 minutes.
9. While muffins are baking, melt butter in bowl for 30 seconds or until completely melted.
10. Combine cinnamon and sugar in bowl with butter and mix.
11. Let muffins cool for 10 minutes.
12. Unwrap muffin and dip in cinnamon sugar topping.
13. Let cool on plate or rack.
Check out some of these other mouthgasmic desserts: