If you’re anything like me, you love a good funnel cake. But what about when the fair’s not in town? These funnel cake fries are sure to satisfy your fried-food cravings and bring back happy memories of going to the fair. If you have a deep-fryer, these will be a breeze. If you don’t, have no fear! You can fry them up in a pot!

You should definitely eat these crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside funnel cake fries with a side of marshmallow fluff dip. Or, if you want to mix it up, you could try a DIY Dunkaroo dip! Or a s’mores dip! The possibilities are endless! So here’s how to make them:

Funnel Cake Fries

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:20 minutes
  • Total Time:30 minutes

• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup whole milk
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon finely grained salt
  • 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
  • 3-4 cup canola/vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
Photo by Jennifer Nigro

Place flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, then mix until you have a fine consistency.

Gif by Jennifer Nigro

Place eggs, sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl, and mix until it is foamy and well mixed.

Gif by Jennifer Nigro

Slowly add in the flour mixture until there is a consistent texture and thick batter.

Gif by Jennifer Nigro

Place the batter into an icing bag or bottle to pipe.

Gif by Jennifer Nigro

Add around an inch of the oil into a large pan with high sides over heat. Heat to oil to 350°F. #SpoonTip: If you don’t have a candy thermometer, wait about 5 minutes or test the oil with a small amount of batter. If the oil is smoking, it’s too hot.

Gif by Jennifer Nigro

Pipe the batter straight into the oil in straight lines and fry for about 30-60 seconds on each side until they are golden brown. Remove the fries and place on a paper towel to drain the oils.

Gif by Jennifer Nigro

Add marshmallow dip to a small bowl and heat for 15-20 seconds. Stir until smooth.

Gif by Jennifer Nigro

Transfer to a plate and serve hot. Add confectioners sugar on top and dip in the marshmallow dip.

Gif by Jennifer Nigro