Ever since my nephew was born with an extreme dairy allergy, I have been looking for ways to make sure he still gets to enjoy the best things in life—dairy. Whipped cream, queso, pizza? All dairy. 

Whether I am making him vegan Rick Krispies, or just finding ways to spice up his vegan mac'n cheese, he just wants to enjoy what every other kid enjoys.

I came up with a vegan coconut whip cream recipe for him to put on his vegan ice cream and found it to be easier then ever. Now, he never has to feel limited, and you won't either. 

Coconut Whipped Cream

• 1 can chilled full fat coconut milk
  • 4 large tablespoons powdered sugar
  • 2 and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
coffee, tea, beer
Elena Levy

Whip on low speed until smooth, then turn up the speed all the way. Add in vanilla and powdered sugar to taste.

batter, cake, ice, ice cream, dough, flour, cream
    Elena Levy

Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for a minimum of 24 hours. The coconut milk must sit in the fridge so that the fat does not firm. If it does, it won't whip and your product won't turn out how you want.

To help the whipping process, put your mixing bowl into the freezer for 5 minutes.

milk, cream, coffee, yogurt, dairy product, curd
    Elena Levy

Pre-dollop whipped cream onto a cookie sheet with a tablespoon and freeze. Bring the pan out about 10 minutes before serving to complete the perfect dessert.

#SpoonTip: This step is optional, but good if you are using this recipe for a large family gathering.

flour, dough
    Elena Levy

Whether you are serving a dessert to a vegan or dairy lover, this whip cream is sure to please. Try it topped on vegan crepes or even dolloped on any of these 12 vegan drinks you can nab at Starbucks. Life doesn't have to be restricted without dairy.