Now I know what you're thinking. Is this really the BEST puppy chow recipe? The recipe to end all recipes? The recipe that will have you in tears because the snack is so crunchy, sugary, mouth-watering, and delicious that you didn't even know something so perfect could exist? YES WORLD. This is it. I should warn you, your puppy chow obsession may spiral out of control. You're welcome. 

The Best Puppy Chow Recipe

• 1 box Chex Cereal
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 stick butter 8 tablespoons
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
chips, sweet
Maddy Stroder

Place a medium saucepan on the stove top and turn the burner on high. Add that big ol' stick of butter to the saucepan and wait a minute so that it begins to melt. Add the chocolate chips and peanut butter and stir until there is a smooth, chocolatey, creamy mixture.

milk, cake, coffee, chocolate
    Maddy Stroder

Pour the Chex cereal into a large bowl. Pour the melted chocolate mixture on top of the Chex cereal.

cereal, candy, chocolate, sweet
    Maddy Stroder

Mix the Chex cereal and the melted chocolate until every piece of the cereal is coated. Use a spatula and make a folding motion instead of stirring so that the cereal does not crush and turn into crumbs.

sweet, chocolate, coffee
    Maddy Stroder

Get a large trash bag or a grocery store bag (make sure to double up in case of holes) and pour 2 cups of powdered sugar in. Pour the chocolate coated Chex cereal into the bag full of powdered sugar (you may need help here so that you don't spill cereal everywhere). Tie the bag shut and shake the cereal and powdered sugar together thoroughly (blasting music and dancing around here is encouraged). Open up the bag and add the remaining 2 cups of powdered sugar. Tie the bag again and shake thoroughly.

cream, chocolate, milk, sweet
    Maddy Stroder

If you can't wait any longer, open the bag and eat straight from it. Otherwise, grab a spoon (never forks) and scoop some puppy chow into a bowl.

candy, chocolate, tofu
    Maddy Stroder

If you are anything like me, you'll get a bowl of puppy chow and 10 minutes later half of the bag is somehow gone. If you're anything like my family, you'll wake up the next day to a completely empty bag. It is that good. This recipe is an all time favorite and will leave your friends barking for more.