As a lactose-free individual, I am very picky about the ice cream I eat. I wasn't always lactose-free, so I know the quality taste of real ice cream. I hold dairy-free and lactose-free ice cream to the same standards. Thanks to Lactaid ice cream, this vanilla graham cracker lactose-free milkshake tastes just like real creamy milkshakes and it can be ready to enjoy in less than 5 minutes.

Vanilla Lactose-Free Milkshake

• Cook Time:0

• 3 scoops vanilla Lactaid ice cream
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
  • 4 graham cracker pieces
cake, dairy product, cream, bread, cookie, sweet
Allison Curley

Add all of the ingredients to a Vitamix or blender. Make sure to add them in this order to make it smooth: milk, ice cream, and then graham crackers.

ice, ice cream, cream, cinnamon
    Allison Curley

Blend for 2 minutes and pour into a glass to serve.

milk, milkshake, cream, yogurt, coffee, smoothie, ice, dairy product, chocolate
    Allison Curley

This recipe couldn't be easier or quicker all because of the amazing Vitamix. This brand of blender is next level when it comes to making anything from milkshakes to soups to almond butter. It finely blends all ingredients, which comes in handy for this recipe because of the graham crackers.

I don't like plain ice cream, so I am always coming up with ways to dress it up. The Vitamix lets me do this with graham crackers in this milkshake without having to worry about chunks. I also garnished the milkshake with sprinkles to make it even more fun and flavorful.

The star ingredient in this recipe is the vanilla Lactaid ice cream. I have never found a brand that makes lactose-free ice cream that tastes this much like actual ice cream. It is perfect in milkshakes because it won't be watery like most dairy-free ice cream substitutions. 

If you're like me and miss going to ice cream shops over the summer and getting milkshakes, make this recipe at home in your Vitamix blender. It tastes like the real deal because it's made with real dairy only without the lactose. This milkshake is a hardy and sweet treat that is perfect for summer nights.