Thanksgiving may revolve around family and tradition, but as everyone knows the most important part of this holiday is the food. It just wouldn't be the same without the turkey, the pies and all the trimmings. So whether you're spending the holiday away from home or you just want the day to yourself, here are some single-serve recipes to make your Thanksgiving-for-one easy and tasty from start to finish.

1. Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats

milk, cream, coffee, dairy product, chocolate, pudding, yogurt, sweet
Hannah Lazarus

Breakfast is the most important dish of the day, and Thanksgiving's first meal should be no exception. Easy to prepare and oh so scrumptious, these pumpkin pie overnight oats will save you time on your Thanksgiving morning. Add extras like berries, seeds and nut butters to make this breakfast your own.

2. 'French Toast' Crumpets

blackberry, toast, berry, sweet, french toast
Hannah Lazarus

A twist on the classic French toast, crumpets are the perfect vehicle for this sweet, eggy single-serve breakfast. Although these crumpets will go with pretty much anything, adding blackberries as a topping gives the dish a seasonal feeling. If you want, switch up the recipe for a more savoury start to the day.

3. Stuffed Turkey Breast

chicken
Hannah Lazarus

Whether you're eating alone or not, no Thanksgiving is complete without some turkey. This stuffed turkey breast recipe with cranberry, apple and pecans brings all the flavours of the season together in one dish.

4. Turkey, Cranberry and Stuffing Meatballs 

lamb, meat, pork, chicken, sauce, beef, lamb chops
Hannah Lazarus

Stuffing is another essential element of the perfect Thanksgiving feast. Add turkey and cranberry and you've got a simple but satisfying alternative to the main meal of the holiday. 

5. Rosemary Roasted Root Vegetables 

chicken, pork
Hannah Lazarus
Roasted veg is one of the easiest side dishes to make alongside your main. Grab a mix of vegetables, toss in some oil and fresh herbs and voilà, your side-for-one is ready for the oven. If you make more than enough for one meal, save the leftovers for the week ahead.

6. Mini Pumpkin Pies 

chocolate, cream
Hannah Lazarus

These bite-sized pumpkin pies are not only incredibly cute but also so tasty. You can make your own pastry, but the store bought kind is just as good. Have one, two, or the whole batch – you won't regret making these as your dessert. 

7. Pumpkin Pie in a Mug 

coffee, milk, espresso, cream, cappuccino, hot chocolate, chocolate, mocha, tea, dairy product
Hannah Lazarus

Looking for an even quicker way to make a Thanksgiving favourite? This 'mug pie' requires minimal effort without skimping on flavour. Add a topping of mascarpone or cream cheese frosting as a finishing touch before devouring it just as quickly as you made it. 

8. Mini Apple Pies 

apple, pumpkin, cake, banana
Hannah Lazarus

These mini apple pie bites are another single-serve twist on a classic Thanksgiving dessert. A great sweet snack for any time of year, they're a simple way to finish your holiday meal on a high note.

9. Spiced Hot Chocolate

cream, milk, ice, dairy product, ice cream
Hannah Lazarus

Make an ordinary hot chocolate festive by adding nutmeg, vanilla and cinnamon sticks. If you're feeling adventurous, add a drop or two of your alcohol of choice for an extra special Thanksgiving drink.

10. Mulled Wine 

wine, red wine
Hannah Lazarus

Mulled wine is the quintessential alcoholic beverage of autumn and winter. Easily made at home or store bought, it's essential to have this alongside your Thanksgiving meal on a cold November night.

There's no shame in celebrating your Thanksgiving riding solo, and even less shame in eating copious amounts of food. Give these recipes a try and you'll be sure to have a happy and definitely-not-hungry holiday. Enjoy!