Craving pasta but tired of the same old marinara sauce? Put the Prego back on the shelf and pick up a jar of Jif. This noodle dish is a perfect blend of sweet, creamy, and tangy – think of Noodles & Company’s peanut sauté but cheaper, faster, and peanut-ier.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
1/4 pound dried soba noodles (linguine or spaghetti will also work if necessary)
6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
5 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon wine vinegar
1.5 tablespoons sugar
A few dashes of Sriracha (optional)
Fresh lime wedges, chopped vegetables and/or sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
1. Cook noodles in a pot of boiling water until tender.
2. Meanwhile, whisk peanut butter and water in a medium bowl.
3. Add balsamic vinegar, wine vinegar, sugar and Sriracha.
4. Once the noodles are tender, drain the water from the pot and rise the noodles with cold water.
5. Toss the noodles with peanut sauce and add desired toppings/garnishes.