Temple coffee may be new in town, but it has quickly gained popularity due to its gourmet drinks and fresh, modern aesthetic. It’s the perfect place to have tea with a friend, sip a latte while studying, or enjoy the aroma of fresh brewed coffee—that takes up to 8 hours to brew.

This recipe is a recreation of Temple’s Vanilla Latte and is easily just as delicious as the real thing, but about ten times cheaper. With only 3 ingredients you can create a delicious and beautiful treat that won’t break the bank.

Vanilla Latte

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:5 minutes
  • Total Time:10 minutes

• 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup espresso or strong brewed coffee
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Photo by Rael Hanus

Assuming you don’t own a milk frother, begin by combining your milk and vanilla in a jar or other container with a tight lid. Seal the lid on and shake for 2-4 minutes, or until the milk is foamy on top. Microwave for 30 seconds.

Photo by Rael Hanus

Next prepare your coffee or espresso and make sure it is hot.

Photo by Rael Hanus

Pour the milk from the jar into your cup of coffee, but use a spoon to hold back the foam from pouring into the cup.

Photo by Rael Hanus

Carefully spoon the frothed milk onto the top of your latte and smooth over the surface.

Photo by Rael Hanus

If you are feeling creative, use a skewer, chopstick or tooth pick to draw a design in your latte, or dust some cocoa power on top.

Photo by Rael Hanus

Sip and enjoy.

Photo by Rael Hanus