You might need a filling breakfast before heading out for a busy day. Or, maybe you’re waking up just shy of 2 p.m. craving a perfectly lazy Sunday meal. This hash is simple and hearty, so you can spend less of your time over the stove and more of it satisfied while watching Netflix on your couch. You can even chop up the ingredients the night before if you’re planning a particularly lazy Sunday. The best part about this hash is that it’s easily customizable. We provide the basics, but you can add items like bell peppers, cheese or smoky paprika to kick it up a notch. The second best part: there’s only one pan to wash when you’re done.

Easy

Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 25 min

Servings: 1

3-4 red potatoes, diced
½ sweet onion, chopped
3 slices bacon, chopped
Small tab of butter
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. While waiting for water to boil, dice the potatoes.
2. Once water is boiling, throw in diced potatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes.
3. If you haven’t already prepped your onion and bacon, cut these up while the potatoes are cooking.
4. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat, and add butter.
5. Add boiled potatoes, onions and bacon into pan, and stir.

Photo by Devon Carlson

6. Let the mixture simmer and soak up the flavorful bacon grease, only stirring occasionally.
7. After about 15-20 minutes, or when potatoes are browned and bacon is crisp, season the mixture with salt and pepper.

Photo by Devon Carlson

Photo by Devon Carlson

8. Stir the mixture until evenly coated with seasoning, and enjoy.

Photo by Devon Carlson

Photo by Devon Carlson