Every once in a while I make something that completely blows me away by how much flavor it has in spite of how simple it was to cook. These sticky maple crescent buns are most definitely one of those items. Although the whole traditional baking process can be incredibly enjoyable and even therapeutic, sometimes you need a recipe that pulls itself together much more quickly and without too much fuss. You need sticky maple crescent buns. An absolute foolproof dessert, they’re delicious no matter what part of the day you find yourself in and  couldn’t be faster thanks to an incredible shortcut ingredient: store-bought crescent roll dough. Try these with your morning (or early afternoon) cup of coffee or even as a late night dessert and revel in their surprisingly deep maple flavor.

Easy

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 17-23 minutes
Total Time: 35-40 minutes

Servings: 6-8

1 8 ounce tube crescent roll dough
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup unsalted butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 375ºF.

2. In an 8 or 9 inch cake pan (or any baking dish of approximately the same size), add the butter, brown sugar and maple syrup.

crescent

Photo by Bailey Culpepper

3. Throw the baking dish with the butter, sugar and syrup into the oven for 3-4 minutes, or until the butter warms through and is mostly melted.

4. Whisk everything to combine and sprinkle chopped nuts on top.

crescent

Photo by Bailey Culpepper

5. Bust open your tube of crescent roll dough and cut it in half, and cut each half into six equal pieces.

crescent

Photo by Bailey Culpepper

6. Combine the sugar and cinnamon to make cinnamon sugar and give each doughy medallion a generous dusting of the sugar mixture before placing them in your baking dish.

crescent

Photo by Bailey Culpepper

7. Bake for 17-23 minutes, or until they have puffed out and turned a deep golden brown. Leave them in their dish for about a minute before inverting them onto a plate and prepare to be mesmerized by the molten, gooey lake of maple-scented caramel that oozes down the sides. Enjoy them while they’re warm.

crescent

Photo by Bailey Culpepper

Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?

stickymaplebuns

Still hungry? Check out these easy recipes that also start with a tube of dough: