Polar Vortex ’14 made me so sick of frozen things: the sidewalk (as much as I love falling), my windshield (because I drive on despite the roads), my nose (’cause, duh.) and, mostly, my food. But yay, everything is thawing! To celebrate that simple, beautiful fact, how about a delicious, easy and FRESH spring salad? Did I hear an “Okay!”?
Good, because here’s a recipe to satisfy your need for some greens and your craving for crab. (Oh, you didn’t have that? Well, I bet you do now.) Prepare for yourself or easily quadruple to eat with friends. Trust me, they’ll be happy you shared.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: None!
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 1 salad
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pinch sugar
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine all ingredients except for olive oil in a bowl.
2. Gradually add olive oil while stirring.
1/4 lb crab meat (1/4 of a can)
1/2 head bibb lettuce
1 handful fresh peas
1. Slice avocado into 5 pieces.
2. Place lettuce, blackberries and avocado on plate.
3. Combine crab and 1/2 of vinaigrette in a separate bowl.
4. Put crab mixture on plate.
5. Add peas and drizzle vinaigrette over entire salad.