Breakfast is to you as water is to fish —essential to every day life. Okay that may be a bit of a dramatic analogy, but what I’m trying to say is that breakfast is crucial. It’s important. Those morning bites provide you with the fuel you need to start your day and get moving, whether that means walking —ahem— hiking, to DRL, or bracing yourself to enter VP and finish that essay. Breakfast makes all of it easier. It’s a proven fact. Look it up.
So why does breakfast have to be routine? Or worse, a chore. Or even worse, oatmeal from Starbucks. The first meal of your day sets the tone for the hours to follow, so it’s a good idea to kick it off right. I propose revamping breakfast. Save the dough you’ll spend on overpriced anything at Capo, and hit the kitchen yourself. I swear it’s kind of fun. And when you get good at it, it’s really fun. And when you get really good, then everyone is going to want to sleepover and stay for breakfast. And then fall in love with you. *Wink WINK*. See how food correlates to everything? You’re welcome in advance.
Avocado Egg Toast
About the recipe: Has there ever been anything that avocado hasn’t made infinitely better? Answer? No. This simple combination will send your taste buds to breakfast paradise. The richness of the egg yolk dripping over the smashed avocado all pulled together by a good crunchy grain toast….forget about it.
What you need:
Eggs, as many as you like
Avocado, as much as you like
Bread, preferably one that’s delicious
What to do:
- Put your bread in the toaster
- Cook your eggs how you’d like. I prefer mine sunny side up for this recipe, because the yolk is everything baby, but if you ain’t a runny yolk person, no worries.
- Take out the bread that is now toast and smear the avocado onto it, kind of aggressively. You’ll get into it.
4. Top with egg and sprinkle with salt.
- 5. Eat and say a prayer for how much you like me because of this.