Everyone loves chips and guacamole, but not everyone has the willpower to stop themselves from killing this entire delicious combo.

Why buy expensive and ridiculously large portions at the store when you can make your own delicious and fresh tortilla chips and guacamole at home? This recipe will not only provide you the perfect serving size, but it is much healthier than the preservative, sugar filled options at the store.

Single-Serve Chips and Guacamole

• Prep Time:13 Minutes
  • Cook Time:7 Minutes
  • Total Time:20 Minutes

• 1 avocado
  • 1/3 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1/3 teaspoon salt
  • 1 spring onion & scallions
  • 1 large tortilla
  • 2/3 teaspoon olive oil or vegetable oil
  • Salt

Preheat the oven to 400°F.

Using a spoon, or a brush if you have one, to evenly coat both sides of the tortilla with olive oil or vegetable oil.

Sprinkle a few pinches of salt evenly on both sides.

#SpoonTip: I also like to add some more flavor by adding Creole seasoning, but if you don’t have any you can improvise with your favorite seasonings.

For an easy way to make evenly sized chips, fold the tortilla in half, and then half again. Tear it into three even sections, and tear each part into rectangles about an inch or two wide.

Place the chips evenly on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.

After 5 minutes, take the chips out and flip each one over so both sides can bake. Place back in the oven for 2 minutes.

To make the guacamole, cut an avocado in half and take out the pit. Dice each side into large squares and place each half into a bowl.

Courtesy of Kai Phillips-Lustick

Mince the garlic.

Dice the spring onions and chop the scallions into small pieces.

Add the garlic, onion, and scallions to the bowl of avocado.

Add the lemon juice, crushed red pepper, and salt.

Mix everything together.

#SpoonTip: The less you mix the avocado, the chunkier it will be.

Enjoy!