There’s never a bad time of year to enjoy curry. In Thai cuisine, Panang can be thought of as a stepped up classic red curry. It has all the flavors you could want in a meal; spicy, salty, sweet and sour notes are all present in this recipe.
It’s easy to have the misconception that this dish is extremely complicated to make and can only be found at your favorite Thai restaurant. However, it’s actually rather a short process for it to come together, and it will fill your home with amazing aromas.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
½ cup of Panang Curry Paste
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 ½ cup of coconut milk, divided into 1/2 cup and 1 cup portions
16 oz. protein of your choice
6 kaffir lime leaves, torn
Finely sliced lime leaves, crushed peanuts for garnish (optional)
1. Sauté 1/2 cup of Panang Curry Paste in a about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil on medium heat.
2. Mix in ½ cup of coconut milk after aromatics in curry paste start to really give off their scent (approximately 3 minutes).
3. Add torn kaffir lime leaves and remaining cup of coconut milk. Stir and let flavor infuse on low heat.
4. Add pre-cooked choice of protein and choice of vegetables.
5. Add sugar and fish sauce and adjust the saltiness and sweetness to your liking.
6. Garnish with finely chopped lime leaves or crushed peanuts.
7. Now it’s time to enjoy this awesome Thai comfort food.