I remember having to make a “How To” video back in 5th grade to show my class how to do something. I chose to demonstrate making this dessert. If I could find the home video I would probably try to post it because watching a 10-year-old wearing a fake hair piece act like she knows how to bake gourmet desserts would be quite entertaining.
So anyway, I went back to my 10-year-old roots and remade this slab of deliciousness with one of my BFFs who is just as obsessed with food as me. Felt like the good ol’ days again.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Boil Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 3-5 minutes
Chill Time: 20-30 minutes
Ingredients (for 2 batches):
4 sticks unsalted butter
Around 80 saltines
2 cups light brown sugar
2 bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
Sea salt (not required)
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
2. Line two cookie sheets with aluminum foil and grease with butter or oil.
3. Place saltines on the cookie sheets lined up and touching.
4. Boil the butter and sugar in a sauce pan until there’s a caramelized color.
5. Pour sticky sweet delicious mixture over the crackers and spread evenly.
6. Bake crackers for about 3-5 minutes until coating is bubbling.
7. Take pans out and dress the crackers in chocolate chips. Once they start to melt, spread the chocolate.
8. Sprinkle sea salt if ya want. Pop in the freezer for at least 20 minutes, break ’em apart and NOM.