There is something about eating raw cookie dough that makes me feel like such a bada**. We all know its wrong and yet we still choose to ignore the big warning label on the back of the package that reads "DO NOT CONSUME RAW COOKIE DOUGH" — along with the nutrition facts. 

What if there was some way we could avoid getting a stomach ache, manage to stay in shape and still stuff our faces with huge spoonfuls of cookie dough? I think this recipe for "Cookie Dough Protein Balls" will definitely do the trick.

Cookie Dough Protein Balls

• Cook Time:0

• 1/2 cup almond butter
  • 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder or plant based if dairy-free
  • 1/3 cup coconut flour
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2-4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
  • 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips dairy free if needed
sweet, chocolate
Sadie Vitkus

Stir all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until the mixture forms a dough that is soft enough to form into balls.

pastry, cookie, bread, sweet
    Spoon Csu

Add extra coconut flour if the dough is too soft or almond milk if it is too dry, in order to reach the right consistency.

butter, peanut butter, cookie, peanut, chocolate
    Msu Spoon

Roll into 12 cookie dough balls and enjoy right then and there, or store in the refrigerator for later.

dairy product, candy, goody, cookie, cake, pastry, chocolate, sweet
    Spoon Csu

Thats all there is to it!

cream, chocolate
    Isabelle Langheim

These "Cookie Dough Protein Balls" can be a great snack after a hard workout, or serve as a simple sweet treat that won't hurt your diet. 

One cookie dough ball only has 120 calories and 7 grams of protein. It may not be as good as a spoonful (or three) of real deal chocolate chip cookie dough, but it will surely reduce those cravings until a cheat day comes along.

The best part is that there is no baking time needed for this recipe so dig in immediately, and be totally guilt free.