Halloween is over, but that doesn't mean you have to stop enjoying the best flavor of fall: pumpkin spice. As the leaves change color and the air gets cooler, there's nothing more appealing than baking. However, the sad reality is that, in college, ovens are hard to come by. So instead I have settled for the next best thing: microwave "baking." 

While not nearly as glamorous as real baking, it's a good substitute until Thanksgiving break. Also, it's an excuse to walk through the isles of Trader Joe's and buy copious amounts of cookie butter, so I'm not complaining. 

Here's an incredibly easy and dorm friendly recipe for some pumpkin spice rice krispies treats.

Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats

• 6 cup rice cereal
  • 3 tablespoon Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter
  • 1 package marshmallows
pumpkin, vegetable
Madison Keefer

Collect all Ingredients.

milk, yogurt

Add the 3 tablespoons of Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter to the marshmallows.

chocolate, peanut butter, peanut
    Madison Keefer

Pour the marshmallows into a microwave safe bowl (I used a plastic food storage container) and microwave at 2 minute intervals until the marshmallows are melted.

cream, dairy product, peanut butter, chocolate, sweet, pudding

Next, mix the cereal into the marshmallow fluff. To make the process easier, use cooking spray on the spoon, but if you don't have any (like me) it just takes a little longer and uses a little more arm strength.

rice

Press the mixture down into the container and if desired, sprinkle cinnamon over the top. Then wait 45-60 minutes for it to settle.

cereal

Then cut them up and enjoy all the flavors of fall!

cookie, sweet, cake, pastry, bread