October is the month of changing leaves, flannels and pumpkin spiced everything! For the rest of the season your feed will be flooded with desserts featuring some form of our favorite fall flavor. Among the masses, this is one recipe that you’ll be glad you clicked on. It is simple to make and even easier to devour.
Prep time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: About 95 minutes
Servings: About 8-10
1 box yellow cake mix
1 can pumpkin puree
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
8oz cool whip
Chocolate candy of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix dry yellow cake mix with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- Bake in a greased baking dish for 35-45 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Gently poke holes on the surface of the cake using the bottom of a wooden spoon.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over entire cake and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Top cake with cool whip, caramel sauce and chocolate candy.
- If an inserted toothpick comes out clean, the cake is finished baking.
- The cake is best served after it has chilled overnight.
Can’t get enough pumpkin? Here’s the hook up for more fall recipes: