So, Friday was the best holiday of the year, popularly called “Independence Day” but more accurately called by yours truly “AMERICA DAY.” Congratulations on being awake after a lively weekend! The red, white and blue patriotism is still running hot through your veins — along with some other stuff that may not be so rousing. But that’s what we here at Spoon are for; we’ll get you back up to fighting American shape in no time with these easy star-spangled pancakes. Time to keep celebrating this eagle-ridden country.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
2 cups and 2 tablespoons Bisquick
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup blueberries
1 cup diced strawberries
Whipped cream for an extra American topping (optional)
1. If your strawberries aren’t diced already, dice them into quarters and put them aside.
2. Mix the Bisquick and cinnamon together in bowl.
3. Mix the milk, eggs and vanilla in another bowl. Make sure that the eggs are totally mixed in with the other ingredients.
4. With the whisk, beat the wet ingredients into the dry mix roughly, adding more air to mix. There should still be a few small (think smaller than a pea) Bisquick chunks in the mixture.
5. Stir in the strawberries and blueberries last.
Tip: Optional, but you can pulverize them into the mix with the whisk, so that flipping the pancakes is easier.
6. Pour about 1/2 a cup onto a pre-sprayed and pre-heated skillet on medium-low, which on number stoves is roughly level 3.
7. Wait for bubbles to form and for half of them to pop before checking that the edge is solid, then cook additionally on that side for about 30 seconds or until done.
8. Top with whipped cream if desired.