What's better than crunchy, salty, potatoey goodness? A crunchy and salty potato recipe that uses only 5 ingredients! These potatoes are amazing and super easy to make. And, on top of all of that, they also go perfectly with any and everything — Salmon? Yes. Chicken? Yes. On their own with ice cream for dessert? Not so healthy, but yes!

I love using mini potatoes for this recipe because they get so crispy. My favourite are the packs of President's Choice Mixed Little Gems Assorties — yellow, red, and blue mini potatoes. The more colours, the fancier right? Mom always said to have an assortment of colours on your plate, which makes me feel okay about mowing down on a stack of potatoes for dinner. 

Crispy Rosemary Mini Potatoes

• Cook Time:1 hr
  • Total Time:1 hr 5 mins

• 1 bag mini potatoes
  • 2-3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 2 tbsp rosemary
garlic
Megan Seligman

Wash and dry the potatoes.

Pro Tip: the drier they are, the better the oil will stick to the potatoes (more oil = crispier potatoes).

Megan Seligman

Cut the potatoes into halves or quarters. You want them all to be relatively the same size so use your discretions based on the tots you have.

Optional Step: if you would like to peel your potatoes, do so before you cut them.

cake, chocolate
    Megan Seligman

Place your tots in a bowl and add the oil and seasonings.

Pro Tip: if you want to get super fancy, add some garlic powder — better yet, fresh garlic!

Megan Seligman

Put your potatoes on a tray and into a 425 F degree oven for 1 hour.

Lazy Tip: put aluminum foil down on the tray to avoid a messy cleanup. But beware, they crisp up a little better without the foil.

Megan Seligman

If you are feeling super diligent, flip your potatoes at the 30 minute mark, so each side gets equally crispy.

Lazy Tip: realistically, no one wants to take 20 minutes flipping each individual potato and trust me, they will still taste phenomenal if you don't.

Megan Seligman

Voilà! Take them out of the oven and let cool. They are going to smell amazing and be very hard to resist, but they are going to be uber hot (I've been known to burn my mouth on one too many potatoes).

garlic
    Megan Seligman