This Halloween, spice up your spooky festivities with some scary poison apples. While they may not be Snow White’s, they sure taste better and won’t make you sleep eternally.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Rest Time: 1 hour
Total Time: About 70 minutes
11 oz of caramel
2 tablespoons of water
4-5 medium apples
Black food dye
1. Add caramel and water to medium-sized pot on medium-low heat.
2. Stir 3 to 5 minutes until mixture becomes smooth.
3. Mix in 2 to 4 drops of black food dye until you reach your desired color.
4. Place wooden sticks into apples.
5. Dip apples in caramel and coat.
6. Place coated apples on baking sheet or parchment paper.
7. Cool for one hour in fridge. Remove from fridge 10 minutes before serving.