Spoiler alert: these pizzas are all homemade on whole wheat flatbreads and topped with mostly vegetables. But, when all else fails or you have minimal time to make yourself dinner, this is the perfect solution. Some weeks hit hard with school work or the food budget is runs low toward the end of the month, pizza can save you. 

The best part about this kind of pizza is that it contains nothing you should feel guilty about noshing on. With a ready-made whole wheat crust and a variety of veggies on top, this pizza packs in nutrients for neither a lot of calories nor effort. You'll be eating a nutrient-dense, wholesome meal.

Small quantities, big variety. 

When shopping for the week, buy small quantities of a variety of different vegetables as toppings. Do a little meal prepping at the beginning of the week to dice up peppers, kale, onions, or eggplant so that making dinner will be quick and painless the night of. 

Get the whole apartment involved. 

Get a roommate to join in on the week-long pizza party and do half the prepping with an extra set of hands. Do some personalizing to the recipe, and bon appétit. 
tomato, pepper, vegetable, onion
Rachel Hartman

Guilt-Free Veggie Pizza for One

• 1 whole wheat flatbread
  • 3 tablespoon pizza sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 handful chopped leafy green*
  • 1/4 cup veggie topping
  • 1/4 cup veggie topping
  • 1/4 cup veggie topping
  • 1/4 cup shredded cheese
  • 1 teaspoon pesto sauce to drizzle*

Preheat your oven to 350°F. Unless you're really in a pinch for time and choose to use a toaster oven on the "bake" setting.

bread, wheat, flour, pita bread, unleavened
    Rachel Hartman

On a baking sheet with parchment paper, place down your flatbread. Mix basil into the pizza sauce and spread onto your flatbread. Other options to add to the sauce include thyme, oregano, garlic or cayenne if you're feeling spicy.

sauce, vegetable, chili, chili sauce, meat, dairy product, condiment, tomato
    Rachel Hartman

If you haven't prepared the veggies beforehand, dice them into large pieces. Use kale or spinach for a leafy green and 2-3 additional vegetable toppings. Some inspiration for topping combinations include:

roasted red peppers, onions and mushrooms
    spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes
    eggplant, spinach and tomatoes
    kale, sweet potato, beets and onion
    sundries tomatoes, spinach and onion

vegetable, tomato
    Rachel Hartman

Sprinkle cheese on top or drizzle pizza with pesto sauce (or both). Bake for 7-12 minutes or until the cheese is melty and slightly golden, and the vegetables have reduced slightly in size.

pepper, vegetable
    Rachel Hartman

I know what you're thinking. Yes, this recipe is too easy to be a recipe. But that's the best part. And because of it, there is no reason not to eat pizza every night for a week.