February is the highlight of the year for die-hard football fans because it means the coming of the Super Bowl. For foodies like myself who are more interested in the food than the game, it's a chance to cook delicious game-day themed foods for the parties. These pigskins in a blanket are a delicious and totally adorable appetizer to bring to a watch party to get people hyped for the game. To bring these little piggies to the next level, substitute the hot dogs for kielbasa sausage and the ketchup for Dijon or spicy mustard.

Pigskins in a Blanket

• 13-oz. package kielbasa or pack hotdogs
  • 17.3-oz. package frozen puff pastry thawed
  • 1 large egg beaten
  • Ketchup or Dijon mustard for dipping
sauce, bacon, jam
Kim Clemons

Cut kielbasa into 12 3/4-inch pieces. If using hot dogs, cut the hot dogs in half.

gif
    Kim Clemons

Cook the meat in a skillet until the skin is crisped and then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.

gif
    Kim Clemons

Roll one piece of the puff pastry into an 8-by-11 inch rectangle and cut into circles and repeat with the other roll of dough.

gif
    Kim Clemons

Wrap a circle of puff pastry around each sausage or hot dog piece, tapering the ends off and pinching the seams together.

gif
    Kim Clemons

Place on an ungreased baking sheet and brush with the egg wash.

gif
    Kim Clemons

Use the scraps of pastry to make laces on each football by placing one long piece vertically on top and then 3 shorter pieces crosswise over it.

gif
    Kim Clemons

Cover the footballs with another layer of egg wash to adhere the laces and bake at 425°F for 25 minutes.

gif
    Kim Clemons