'Tis the season for having fun at parties! When my sister Sam was pregnant with my niece, I was a freshman in college. We went out to dinner and it was at a popular restaurant in Philly with a fully stocked bar. The problem was that we both couldn't drink. So we asked if they had any alcohol-free cocktails, and sure enough, they gave us a list and we were served with this pink raspberry drink in a martini glass and everyone thought we were sipping on a cocktail. They even garnished it with a cute little candy swirl. But what happens when you're at the bar and they don't have a mocktail menu? Well, you pull up this expert list to help you out. Below are seven different mocktails you can order at the bar when out with your friends. Whether you're simply going out to dinner or are at a party and don't want to count how many drinks you're having, here's how to order a mocktail at the bar instead of the old "Diet Coke" routine. 

1. Sparkling Cranberry Pineapple Punch

Photo by Cassandra Bauer

Be the coolest friend at brunch, your study hang-out, and beyond with this fruity, fresh punch. Cranberry juice, pineapple juice, and ginger ale mixed with frozen cranberries and lime slices yield a pitcherful of the perfect crowd-pleaser. 

2. Spring Break Spritzer

Photo by Ariel Yue

This is a great mocktail that allows you to get super fancy. You first get to make your own simple syrup with equal parts sugar and water with a few sprigs of fresh rosemary. Mix with grapefruit juice for a delicious beverage at all times of the day. While the original recipe calls for arak, top off your juice concoction with a bit of sparkling water and a rosemary sprig. 

3.  Frozen Lime Margarita

Photo Via Spoon University

Yes, you can have all the glamour of a frozen marg without the tequila. With one can of limeade concentrate, 3/4 cup of orange juice, and three cups if ice, you can blend up your own refreshing frozen lime margarita. You can garnish with fresh lime, add a salt or sugar rim, and serve with some delicious tacos

4. No Tequila Sunrise

tea, beer, Cocktails, holding a cocktail
Alexandra Redmond

Want a light and sweet drink with a punch of pineapple? This drink is a classic take on a tequila sunrise but is completely alcohol-free. All you need is pineapple juice, 7 Up, grenadine, and some maraschino cherries for garnish. If you want the fun layered look, you can pour the grenadine into the drink after the pineapple juice and 7 Up so it settles on the bottom. 

5. Cinderella

lemon, ice, cocktail, peach, mint, strawberries, Sangria
Carolyne Su

Who hasn't wanted to be the princess with the glass slipper? The Cinderella mocktail will have you dancing at the ball while being completely sober. All you need is club soda, some grenadine, lemon juice, orange juice, and some pineapple juice. It can give you the sparkle you need while keeping you fully functioning and hangover-free. 

6. Mock Champagne

wine, alcohol, liquor
Tarika Narain

You usually have champagne and toast at weddings or big celebrations with lots of people. If you can't consume alcohol or don't want to, fear not, your champagne glass can still be filled! Fill it with sparkling apple juice or ginger ale. You can still enjoy the toast and even taste the bubbles. Plus, you can make your own "mimosa" with orange juice and a bubbly non-alcoholic beverage.

7. Anything "Virgin"

strawberry, cocktail, juice, smoothie, berry
Andrea Leelike

With any drink, there's always the "virgin" way of ordering it. Ordering a drink "virgin" just means minus the alcohol. Choose your favorite beverage of choice and just order it without the booze.

The greatest examples of these are classic cocktails like piña coladas and strawberry daiquiris. Simply order a piña colada or a daiquiri virgin-style and no one will be able to tell the difference, as they look exactly the same.

Ordering those fun and fabulous drinks with the little umbrella or a cherry in them is always fun to do and if you're not drinking for health or personal reasons, that's perfectly fine! Drink those non-alcoholic cocktails with pride knowing you'll be enjoying the evening and able to wake up the next morning without feeling the aftermath of alcohol. Put your own spin and get creative with these mocktails with different mixes and flavors.