It's late on a weeknight and the only thing you want is some sort of dessert. The cafeteria is closed, the Starbucks has just shut down, and your craving for chocolate is becoming intolerable. That's why it's key to have these peppermint chocolate no-bake bites on hand. They take no time to make and satisfy any dessert cravings you may have without feeling entirely guilty. 

Peppermint Chocolate No-Bake Bites

• Cook Time:0

• 10 Medjool Dates pitted and soaked if dry
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
  • 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons coconut flour
  • 2 tablespoons cacao powder
  • 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
chocolate, peanut butter, butter, peanut
Mireille Heidbreder

Place the dates, applesauce, almond milk, and peppermint extract into a food processor or mixer. Make sure to blend all the ingredients well to form a thick paste.

#SpoonTip: Make sure the lid to your food processor is tightly locked because otherwise everything might just go flying around your kitchen.

Mireille Heidbreder

Add the coconut flour and the cacao powder to the mixture in the food processor. Mix again until a ball forms in the mixer/processor. The dough should look moist. If too dry, add a little more coconut flour.

Mireille Heidbreeder

Take the dough out of the food processor and place into a bowl. Stir in the chocolate chips and then roll the dough into balls to make the bites. Eat immediately or refrigerate for later.

Mireille Heidbreder

Recipe adapted from Hummusapiens.