Oreos have always been one of my favorite kinds of cookies, especially when I can dunk them in milk. What's better than regular Oreos? Why, Oreo Jello shots, of course. They even contain the classic drink that's paired with Oreos: milk. Now, most people that I mentioned this recipe to got a vaguely disgusted look on their face—they were probably envisioning chocolate-flavored Jello shots. Which actually doesn't sound bad, but I think when most people hear Jello shots, they think of the usual colors—red, green, blue, etc.  

However, these tasty Oreo Jello shots add a delicious twist to both Oreos and Jello shots. This recipe involves replacing the cream middle for a center deceivingly similar in appearance (and taste). 

Oreo Jello Shots

• Prep Time:3 hrs
  • Total Time:3 hrs 5 mins

• 1 cup cake vodka
  • 1 cup white chocolate liqueur
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3 packets plain gelatin
  • 1 package Oreos with cream center scraped out
cookie, cake, cream, chocolate
Aracelia Skridulis

Slowly heat up milk over medium high, stirring frequently so a film does not form. Once steaming, whisk in gelatin packets.

cream
    Aracelia Skridulis

Pour vodka and liqueur into a mixing bowl. Once gelatin is dissolved into milk, add to bowl and transfer the mixture into a baking dish so that the jello is only 1/2-inch thick.

milk
    Aracelia Skridulis

Refrigerate for 3 hours. Afterwards, use a small cookie cutter to cut out circles.

chocolate, cream, cake
    Aracelia Skridulis

Assemble your now twice-as-good Oreos. Voila! Oreo Jello shots.

marshmallow, cream, chocolate
    Aracelia Skridulis

I wouldn't make these too long before you're ready to eat them, because the cookie part gets soggy pretty quickly after the Jello is placed on it. You can make the actual Jello part ahead of time, though. I made mine before I went to work so it would be ready when I got home. Also, be advised that these are kind of messy! Not only does the Oreo part of it crumble, but the Jello will jiggle its way out of the cookie if you're not careful!

These are good enough to where you can take a bite and chew without wanting to spit it out, and without the taste of alcohol permeating your palate. Honestly, I got a buzz off of just one. However, even after a few, a buzz was all that happened, which is a good thing, because you can enjoy a lot of these without getting wasted. Different people have different alcohol tolerances though, so if you're not sure how these will affect you, I recommend taking it slow at first, and of course being responsible.

If, after tasting these delicious Oreo Jello shots, you decide that you want some more Oreo-related recipes, never fear! Try making cheesecake, vegan pancakes, homemade Oreos, or if you're feeling inspired, you can try to make art with them.