Although the months of campfire s’mores are slipping away, there’s no reason to say goodbye to warm, gooey marshmallows. This simple cookie recipe is sure to win over all you gluten-free skeptics with its chewy marshmallow bits, rich peanut butter chips and chocolate chunks. So gather ’round the campfire (oven) and enjoy a taste of summer… or two.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Total Time: 20-22 minutes
1 package King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Cookie Mix
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Add half the cookie mix to a medium bowl and beat in the soft butter. Add egg and water and beat until fluffy. Mix in remainder of cookie mix until everything is just incorporated.
Note: If you’d prefer to make these from scratch, simply add the marshmallows, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips to your basic cookie recipe.
3. Fold in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and marshmallows until evenly distributed.
4. Use a spoon to drop 1-2 inch mounds onto cookie sheet. Make sure marshmallows aren’t hanging off the sides of the cookie dough. Use your spoon to move them towards the top of the cookie mound to avoid oozing.
5. Place on middle rack and bake for 10-12 minutes or until just browned.
6. Remove from oven and use a spatula to separate any attached cookies. Let them cool slightly and serve warm.