As the cold weather creeps up, warm baked goods are a must for winter survival. These Nutella pocket pies requires a few common ingredients you likely have lying around the house, which makes for a great low-budget dessert.

This recipe uses specific toppings, but feel free to mix and match fillings fit to your preference. Pocket pies are a hit at events due to the fusion of sweet flavors that hit the tastebuds at once. This simplistic idea is arguably one of the easiest recipes to turn gourmet. You'd never have guessed a college student with a beginner skill level in the kitchen concocted such a dessert.

Nutella pocket pies are made to be served ASAP, you know, the kind that you sneak before they've even cooled on the tray. If you decide to wait, they heat up as if they were just coming out of the oven. If you're feeling like you have the will power, you can save the leftovers as an on-the-go snack, but personally, I've never experienced any leftovers to bag for the next day.

Nutella Pocket Pies

• 1 cup strawberries
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup marshmallows
  • 1 package puff pastry
  • 1 jar Nutella
  • 1 egg
  • pinch confectionary sugar
Annalee Flaherty

Cut up strawberries and banana into tiny pieces.

Annalee Flaherty

Cut pastry sheet into three even columns and rows to make squares of equal size.

Annalee Flaherty

Spread the Nutella evenly on each square.

#SpoonTip: Leave room on the edges to fold over

Annalee Flaherty

Add your toppings.

Annalee Flaherty

Fold one corner diagonally to the other corner to create a triangle. Do this for each pastry.

Annalee Flaherty

Use a fork to crimp the open sides of each pastry.

Annalee Flaherty

Use a knife to put a small hole at the top of each pastry to allow heat to escape when put in the oven.

Annalee Flaherty

Spray the pan, place pastries on the cooking sheet and spread egg over top.

#SpoonTip: Sprinkle sugar on top in place of confectionary sugar.

Annalee Flaherty

Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.

Annalee Flaherty

Serve and enjoy with some extra confectionary sugar on top.

Annalee Flaherty