So you grew up in polar temperatures. You love freezing your butt off to experience the first snowfall of the year. You’re dying to wear those cute new winter boots. But most of all, you cannot wait to bundle up and enjoy a nice, steaming mug of hot chocolate. We get it. You love winter.
Unfortunately for you, it seems like this summer is going to be a long and brutal one. Although we may not even want to think about sipping hot chocolate, we definitely wouldn’t mind sipping cold chocolate.
No more waiting until the cold months arrive to enjoy your favorite treat. Now you can sip it poolside and beat the summer heat while still feeling like you’re curled up next to the fireplace.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours
3 cups whole milk, plus 3/4 cup
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
6-oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the milk, water, and sugar to a boil.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the chocolate.
3. Transfer the chocolate mixture to a blender (or use an immersion blender), and whip on high speed for 1 minute until nice and frothy. Because the liquid is so hot, make sure to remove the plastic piece in the top of the blender and cover with a kitchen towel instead. I used a Ninja, because my regular blender is out of commission, and it worked fine as well.
4. Transfer the chocolate to a container to cool slightly, and then cover and chill it in the fridge for 3-4 hours or until very cold. Once the chocolate is cold, stir in 3/4 cup cold milk and whip again for 1 minute.
5. Pour over a few ice cubes, or enjoy over a heaping scoop of ice cream (paired with coffee ice cream would be next-level delicious).
Still itching for some neat holiday foods to try this summer? Check out these articles: