We all have those days when we want something sweet but we know a regular candy bar won’t satiate the craving. We know baking anything is out of the question because either a. you don’t have an oven, or b. you’re too lazy. This is a recipe for those lazy dessert-craving days. It also makes a great romantic gift or party dessert when you don’t have the means to make truffles.
1 package of Double Stuffed Oreos
4 oz of cream cheese, softened
1 package of white chocolate chips
1 package of semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
1. Place Oreos in a plastic bag.
2. Crush Oreos with a textbook or your hands until they are finely crushed.
3. Pour the Oreos out into a bowl and add the cream cheese.
4. Massage into the Oreos with hands until you get a dough-like texture.
5. Shape the dough into bite-sized balls with your hand and lay them out on a lined baking sheet.
6. Chill Oreo balls in refrigerator for one hour.
7. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute.
8. Mix the melted chocolate until it takes on a smooth consistency.
9. Add 4-6 drops of red food coloring and mix until you get the color you want.
10. Dip the cold Oreo balls into the white chocolate and coat their surfaces.
11. Place the chocolate-dipped desserts back on lined baking sheet and chill them in the freezer for five minutes.
12. Optional step: Drizzle the Oreo balls with milk chocolate.