You know that saying, "You don't know what you've got till it's gone?" I never realized the full scope of how true that was until I came to college and, suddenly, I wasn't able to cook and bake anymore. When I moved into a dorm with shared kitchens on every floor, I thought everything would change and I would be able to make food to my heart's content—not quite.

Most of the recipes I wanted to make (looking at you, cookies, fruit pies and brownies) require things like flour, sugar, eggs and various other ingredients that most dorm-dwellers simply don't have on hand. I was then faced with another problem: where to store all the extra stuff that I didn't use up in just one recipe?

Anyone who has ever seen a dorm room knows there's not exactly extra room for baking essentials. Hence my motivation to come up with recipes I could make in a dorm kitchen, using ingredients I already have or could buy at the store and use in one go, and that are still (relatively) healthy. 

Apart from the Oreos in the crust, this recipe has no refined sugars, it's high in protein and it takes no special skills or cooking knowledge. Most importantly, it combines two of the best things known to man: chocolate and peanut butter (queue the angels singing).

This recipe is ridiculously simple and is a much healthier take than the traditional ones that are full of Cool Whip aka hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup. My main tip is to not skimp on the yogurt—full-fat is definitely the way to go, it's what gives the pie its creamy-dreaminess and some would even argue it's better for you than non-fat options.

This recipe is only six ingredients, requires minimal equipment and if you forget about the Oreos, it's healthy enough for breakfast. The OG dynamic duo, peanut butter and chocolate, strike yet again.

No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

• Cook Time:3 hrs
  • Total Time:3 hrs 20 mins

• 1 package Oreos
  • 1 medium banana
  • 2 cups plain Greek yogurt full-fat
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • Chocolate chips
jam
Natalie Oberer

Remove the filling from a row of Oreos.

tea, coffee
    Natalie Oberer

Crush Oreo cookies until there are only crumbs left. Put the crumbs into a pie pan.

sweet, chocolate, coffee, cereal, cream
    Natalie Oberer

Melt the Oreo filling in the microwave and add to the crushed cookies. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan to make a crust.

#SpoonTip: Add a little bit of water to the filling before adding to the cookies.

chocolate, coffee, cake, cream, brownie
    Natalie Oberer

In a separate bowl, mash the banana.

milk, dairy product, rice, cream, cereal, sweet, rice flake, porridge, vegetable
    Natalie Oberer

Add the yogurt, peanut butter, and honey. Mix it all together.

cream, milk
    Natalie Oberer

Pour the filling into the crust, and put the pie in the freezer for at least 3 hours.

flour, cream, bread, dairy product, milk, sweet, dough
    Natalie Oberer

After the pie has been in the freezer for a few hours, melt the chocolate chips.

chocolate, milk, sweet, cream, candy, coffee, milk chocolate
    Natalie Oberer

Drizzle the melted chocolate over the pie.

chocolate, cream, cake, milk, sweet, candy, pie
    Natalie Oberer

Add whatever other toppings you want, and enjoy!

#SpoonTip: If you can wait a bit longer, freezing the pie overnight really helps the pie hold its form—just let it thaw for a minute or two before eating to get maximum creaminess.

chocolate, peanut, peanut butter
    Natalie Oberer

If you want to take the health level up a notch, I think substituting the Oreo filling for coconut oil would be really tasty. You could also try adding some coconut oil into the filling to help it harden a little faster in the freezer—which means you get to eat it sooner.

This pie may or may not have been dubbed, "The best pie I've ever had" by one of my taste-testers, and since it's so incredibly easy, the real question is: why aren't you making it right this minute?