On a lazy winter weekend, you probably want to avoid facing your daunting amount of homework and procrastinate by laying in bed and eating something warm and sweet. Monkey bread is an ooey-gooey, cinnamon-sugar, pull-apart concoction that will get you up and running, or glued you to your bed in a caramelized haze. Made from Pillsbury Grands! biscuits, this is a simple college brunch, or paired with a scoop of ice cream, makes for a wonderful dessert as well.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
2 cans Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of pecans or other nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Pop open the biscuit cans and cut each individual biscuit into four parts.
3. Pour sugar and cinnamon into a large Ziploc bag and shake to mix.
4. Add biscuit pieces into the Ziploc bag of cinnamon sugar, seal the bag and shake until all pieces are covered with cinnamon sugary goodness.
5. Melt butter in a small bowl and mix in brown sugar for a thick glaze.
6. Put cinnamon sugar-coated biscuit pieces in any deep pan. Do not use a sheet pan.
*If you chose to add nuts, sprinkle them in here with the dough pieces.
7. Evenly pour glaze over dough.
8. Bake for twenty minutes.