This delicious, Asian-inspired recipe is quick, juicy and full of flavor. It’s perfect for any weekday night when you’re short on time but can’t bear to go without a tasty meal. Remember to prep the marinade an hour or two before meal time (hello, ten minute study break!). Letting the chicken marinate locks in flavor and moisture in the meat, so your meal will be even more memorable.
Prep Time: 10 minutes (plus 1-2 hours for chicken to marinate)
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon oil (olive or canola)
1 tablespoon miso paste (available at Asian supermarkets, Trader Joes, and Whole Foods)
1 teaspoon light sesame oil
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped (about a half-inch thick piece of root)
1 clove garlic, chopped
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
1. Cut chicken breasts into thirds so it will cook faster.
2. Combine miso paste, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes bowl or sealable plastic bag.
3. Places chicken in bowl or bag with marinade. Cover or close, and place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
4. Remove chicken from bag and place directly on the pan (you do not need to grease the pan).
5. Cook chicken on both sides until completely done throughout (no longer pink in the center).
6. Serve with fried rice or your favorite salad.