Stressful finals week? Dreadful weekend job? There’s one foolproof cure for our melodramatic college problems: warm, chocolate chip cookies. This gooey combination has been healing broken hearts and soothing overworked souls for centuries. And, in the tumultuous 4-year journey we call college, students are often in need of a few comforting bites of this melted, chocolatey bliss.
With a few simple and non-perishable ingredients, it’s easy to make a personal chocolate chip cookie cake in under 6 minutes: using only a microwave.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 6 minutes
¼ cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
3 drops of vanilla extract
1 egg yolk (do not use egg white)
2 tablespoons of chocolate chips
Pinch of salt
1. Microwave butter in a cup, bowl or mug until soft.
2. Mix in sugar, vanilla and salt.
3. Add egg yolk and mix.
4. Stir in flour and chocolate chips, then mix until all ingredients are fully combined.
5. Microwave for 40-60 seconds (take out at 40 seconds to check if it is done — you might have to play around with the timing as all microwaves are different).
6. Try topping your creation with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.