As Passover nears, the cruel reality that matzah will be taking over my every meal hits. While I love the taste of this Saltine-esque cracker as much as the next Jew, resisting the temptation of the desserts that I am restricted from eating is no small task. In order to satisfy my sweet tooth, I made these matzah farfel candies—basically a spin off of chocolate bark. Trust me, these chocolate-covered goodies will make your 8-day Passover journey manageable (aka one without any dessert withdrawals). Pesach Sameach.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 24 candies
2 cups matzo farfel
12-oz. semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1 cup marshmallows
½ cup M&M’s
½ cup white chocolate chips
1. Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in double boiler set over lightly simmering water.
2. Remove bowl from heat and mix in farfel.
3. Add marshmallows and stir.
4. Add M&M’s and white chocolate chips last.
3. Form 1 inch clusters of mixture and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Pro Tip: you can put the candies in the freezer for 15 minutes if you are in a rush.
5. Serve candies chilled for best taste.
Check out these Passover treats: