Pigs in a blanket: the quintessential hors d’oeuvre. They’re cute and simple, but make them festive for the 4th of July by adding some American flair.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: As many as you like!
1 box of puff pastry sheets
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons mustard
Cayenne pepper (optional)
Star-shaped cookie cutter (don’t have one? Make your own.)
1. Cut hot dogs into half-inch slices.
2. Brown meat in both sides in a frying pan over medium heat.
3. Break the egg and brush the yolk over the surface of the pastry.
4. Use the cookie cutter to cut out star shapes from the pastry.
5. Preheat oven to 400°F.
6. Layer meat and pastry stars on a baking sheet and secure each piece in place with a toothpick.
7. Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes.
8. Mix together mayonnaise and mustard and add in cayenne and pepper if desired.
9. Dip the pigs in a blanket in the sauce to serve.
Click to watch more Fourth of July recipe videos: